Formal study

A professional qualification is offered by the University of Melbourne as a two-year Masters by Coursework. Students are able to specialise in paintings, objects or paper conservation. Contact the Grimwade Centre for Cultural Materials Conservation for further information. 

The University of Canberra offers the Bachelor of Cultural Heritage Conservation which is an undergraduate program. The course structure involves extended training sessions within heritage institutions, under the guidance of professional conservators. 

The Australian National University course Physical Conservation of Historic Heritage Places addresses historic heritage places and objects and the physical conservation problems faced by heritage practitioners.

The University of Sydney also provides for those interested in build heritage and the techniques, approaches and methodologies required to work as a heritage consultant, in their Heritage Conservation as Masters, Diploma or Graduate Certificate

You may also like: